Tuesday 8 April 2014

LOVE LOST BETWEEN HRITHIK ROSHAN AND SUSSANNE...

HRITHIK AND SUSSANNE
Oh please, spare me those crass superhero break-up jokes that have been all over the place in the last few days. And going by the oohs and aahs why do I get the feeling that the Hrithik-Sussanne separation is a matter of national shock and disbelief? Come on guys, it’s just another couple deciding to part ways for ‘no reason but just a situation’, as Sussanne has stated.
I was travelling back home when my Twitter timeline was suddenly flooded with tweets and retweets about how Hrithik spoke to a particular publication about this ‘very private moment’ of his life. The article was worded such that I almost felt apocalypse right at my fingertip. But hey, weren’t we expecting the world to end a year back around the same time?
Later in the evening, at this dinner get-together, the central topic of discussion was how no amount of success and money can ensure one conjugal harmony. I was all set to bolt out of the door. Not again! I couldn’t believe that we needed a much-in-news, good-looking couple to make a bunch of middle-aged and nearing middle-age couples get talking on how the pros and cons of living a public life, getting married and remaining married.
The evening passed in a blur thanks to all the free-flowing and high spirits around me but there were moments when I must confess my thoughts strayed to the love lost couple. I remembered the words of a very dear friend who had recently gone through a divorce. “A seemingly healthy and normal marriage breaking down is as good as a hit-and-run accident you never saw coming and you never will know why it happened, on hindsight” – were her words. Probably true for those who have been through it and possibly impossible for those who haven’t gone through it to sit, analyze and come up with a reasonable logic.
I do admit the word ‘divorce’ comes down heavily on me. It does seem unnerving and unwanted. Much as I believe in the institution of marriage and know of scores of people who do so as well, I have higher regards for individual respect. And by that logic, if a relation starts breathing heavily down one’s neck, I don’t see it as a grave error for one to move away from it. While I pen this, I can think of at least half a dozen couples known to me who have opted to live apart for various compatibility issues and in the process, grown a newfound fondness and respect for each other under the estranged circumstances.
I really feel very sorry for all those die-hard romantics and moral guardians living in blissful ignorance, those very people who insist on believing and making others believe that it’s more sensible to live an arrangement. It’s very upsetting that even if an individual feels lost in the melee of situations and circumstances, they are expected to flash their best smile and continue marching ahead to the drum beats.
Hrithik and Sussanne are mature individuals first before anything else and a decision like the one they have taken, knowing fully well the spotlight will be on them, is no cowardly deal. The least we, as curious onlookers, can do is to learn a lesson of self-love from them. If it’s easy to get lost in love, it’s not difficult for love to get lost as well. If the ‘me’ becomes ‘we’ in a matter of a few days or weeks, it’s just a matter of time for the ‘we’ to return to ‘me’, sans those hangovers of professed love and till death do us part vows.

No comments:

Post a Comment